17 October 2015

Sketching at Kelvingrove Art Gallery

I decided to do some sketching at Kelvingrove Art Gallery.

I had my trusty fold away stool, conte pencils, a clipboard with different coloured paper on it, and most importantly my iPod and favourite music.

From a bronze bust
My music is the only way I can block out the rest of the world, and allows me to enter my own as I nod away to favourite songs.

Well, except when someone comes along wanting to look at my work. Most people do it subtly over my shoulder or as they pass, but this one was a new one. She stood right in front of me peering down and then asked me what I was drawing and why I had stopped. I took a deep breath, and calmly pointed out that I was drawing the bust directly behind her, and that she was standing between me and my subject, so I could no longer see it. She just shrugged and walked away. I think she was surprised I couldn't see through her.

I really did have  a brilliant day. Sketching away from the studio should be done far more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment