8 May 2014

Update, News and Outlander

It has been a while, to put it lightly, since I last posted; but I have been busy. And I realise that the last time I published anything was almost 2 years ago. Since then I...

...have made a lot of cakes...

...have been writing, and had a few things published...

...have been illustrating a book...

...and ultimately, have been working on an American TV series called Outlander based on the books by Diana Gabaldon (a Starz production). I worked within Breakdown and Dye in the costume department, where I took blow torches, cheese graters, mud and paint (among many other things) to costumes, making them look worn, loved, abused or just old. Here is the trailer.

A still from Outlander

In all the months I worked there, having a ball, I realised that I didn't give my cakes a second thought, but I really missed my art.

Soooooo, I'm starting again, with my paintings. However, I have had time (2 years) to think about my work, and things are going to change, my approach, tools, materials, subjects and general outlook.

I have a lot to do in order to get up to a standard I am happy with as I am making a lot of changes.

If you if will keep me company along the way, I will keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment