21 July 2011

Studio Before and After

I have been doing a bit of sorting out and cleaning. I have a 5 year old son who likes to think my studio is also his. I don't mind him using it, I encourage him, but it's the aftermath of his creations that get too much after a while, and lately he has been into making big things - boats, castles, airplanes and even a surf board with someone standing on it.

The studio, before
So, including my own things, the accumulated dirt caused by chalk pastels, dried bits of paint and heaven knows what else, and my son's bits of paper, I tidied and cleaned. And now, I feel I can get to work, thinking clearly and no longer worrying about stepping on anything lovingly glued by small hands.

The Studio, after
Oh, and if you look closely in the after photo, my son's work has been neatly stored - I find it hard enough throwing away my own work, never mind someone else's.

Now it's time to start on my Universe series of paintings.

4 comments:

  1. Some days it seems like I spend way more time cleaning the studio than I do having fun in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, and the studio is a mess all over again - tidying will have to wait, though, as I plan on making more mess over the next wee while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank, you, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete