12 July 2011

Inspiration

Spiral Galaxy M74, the Hubble website - always well worth a visit
There are certain things I love, and sometimes wonder, if maths and physics had come easily to me, if I would have gone into a completely different field. No painting and drawing, just star gazing and studying the universe with awe.

Where I live, there are so many street lights that I can't see any stars. I have to drive out of town and up a number of hills to see the Milky Way, Orion's Belt (and the galaxies that make up it's sword), the North Star and Mars.

But I have been thinking about using my love of astronomy to inspire a new series of paintings.

I'm oddly a bit nervous about the prospect as I have always used the landscape around me, but if I can't see the stars and our galaxy from my home at the moment (moving is high on the to do list), I think I would like to bring it to me for now.

3 comments:

  1. As Oscar said 'All of us are in the gutter, but only some of us are gazing at the stars . . .' I'm paraphrasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sure an in spiring picture! I love to look at other people's art for inspiration...it's just way too easy to spend all of my time looking and no time working on my stuff! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on my first painting from this series - I'm looking at it just now - and it's beginning to come to life. I also had a look at your site, and love the stained glass. You have a new follower - maybe we can help inspire one another, art is very isolating otherwise.

    ReplyDelete