9 May 2011

New Start, Old Painting

Cartwheels Until Sunset
You may remember the post I made about a new painting, A New Painting - Loch Garry 1. Well, it has been just sitting in my studio, unloved and unworked on because I simply can't get enthusiastic about it - at all.

So, I've put it away, cleaned up all my pastel pencils, gauche and mixed media bits and pieces, and I've got all my oils out again.

I'm going to rework the painting on the right as feel I have improved since I painted it - and I already have a frame for it.

I want to liven up the islands in the distance, stop the land in the foreground from looking as though it is just floating about, add more interest to the sea, soften the sky and change a lot of the colour.

Well, that's what I think for the moment.  I'll keep you up to date... 

No comments:

Post a Comment