22 February 2011

Spring Is Here

Bluebell Stroll, oil on canvas, 30 x 30cm
Well, OK, Spring's not quite here yet, but it is in my studio; at heart, I'm an optimist.

It may still be winter, but all I can 
see is the Spring that's just about to come round the corner.

My walls are painted white, but pinned to them at the moment are photos of magnolias and cherry blossoms, while I am painting swathes of snowdrops and  bluebells as far as the eye can see.

I woke up this morning feeling so positive about the end of winter and how everything is  just beginning to think about going into bud.  Spring's coming, you know, and I love the thought that it's going to wake up any minute.  I thought I would share that with you!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. I like your work. I myself is also somewhat of an artist. You will definitely be successful. Just keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This painting reminds me of springtime. What wonderful colors! I enjoyed browsing through your other works!

    ReplyDelete