12 February 2011

Snowdrops

Work in progress - Snowdrop Woodland, mixed media
I thought I would let you see a painting I am working on at the moment, a wood carpeted with snowdrops.

I started off with painting purple acrylic onto board then added a crackle glaze to give the board an unpredictable texture. What you see has been painted with a mixture of guache and chalk pastel using Korean brushes, sponges and my fingers.


The background still needs a lot of work and the sunlight filtering through the bare trees has to be attended to as well as the detail on the snowdrops of the foreground.  A good beginning, though...


...I think.

2 comments:

  1. It was fine to view the Snowdrops, thus I am glad to bow to you - thank you for the possibility to leave these comments/to express loudly the joy that was awakened by your painting in me - our comments are our responses that make the viewers into the grateful fans of the light we experience
    Respectfully from Art by Tomas

    ReplyDelete