5 December 2010

Winter Weather Blues

It's been snowing pretty heavily here in Scotland, unusual for this time of year. Go on, laugh, I know you think Scotland is always freezing and we are used to snow up to our ears, but funnily enough it's normally cold, rainy and windy in November and December, snow normally doesn't feature.

As a result of the weather, though, everything is being cancelled. Craft fairs (where I advertise my paintings and sell greetings cards, prints, fridge magnets and key rings) that I depend on at this time of year are not going ahead which is incredibly frustrating and very disappointing. I have spent a fortune preparing all my stock. And with no income from the craft fairs, I cannot advertise my online shop for the Christmas season; mind you I have to ask myself if that is such a bad thing as I can't get to the post office to send out any orders - and the painting carrier I normally use can't get here either.

On the rather bright, sparkly side, as the sun begins to set, the snow starts to glow a golden pink that I can't wait to start painting.

Image: Possible painting subject as it is too cold to paint outside, but the photo will do for just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment